Congrats on your admission! Now that you’ve been admitted to Precollege 2016, it’s time to make your student status official. Below is a checklist of necessary steps. Please see our Critical Instructions page on the Precollege website for additional information.
1. Activate your NetID: Your NetID is your log-in and username information for all NYU e-resources and services. Go to http://start.nyu.edu and follow the instructions.
2. Log-In to NYUHome and Albert: NYUHome is the central hub for online communication and information. Log-in using your NetID and newly created password. Once you’re in, visit the “Academics” tab and explore the Student Center (aka Albert, via Albert log-in) where your schedule, classroom location, and grades will be displayed.
3. Accept/Decline your Admissions Offer: If you haven’t done so yet, log in to Albert, select “Applicants” and then “Application Status” to Accept or Decline your admissions offer.
4. Activate your NYU Email: 24 hours after accepting your admissions offer, log back in to NYUHome. On the main page, click the “E-mail” link. This should take you to your new NYU email account! If you are having difficulty with this, please see the troubleshooting steps on our Critical Instructions page. NYU policy states that all communications must take place over NYU email, so check your email often: you won’t want to miss any important messages!
5. Choose your classes: Detailed instructions on how to register will be featured soon! In the meantime, we suggest you explore the Precollege course search in Albert (also available on the Program Information page). Registration will begin on Tuesday, February 16th.
If you have any questions or difficulty completing this initial “to-do” list, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org. Check back next week for a post on how to register for class.